Montag, 26. Januar 2015

I'm out of here #7: Kauai - The Garden Isle

I couldn't leave Hawaii without visiting Kauai. I've always heared from friends that it's an amazing Island surrounded by junglish landscapes. So I decided to spent one of my last Weekends in the Aloha State by heading to this natural Beauty.

We based our home in the town of Kapaa, which is centrally located and makes every Point of the Island easily reachable by car. We stayed in a dome, a huge tent complete with outdoor kitchen and a nice jungle themed bathroom, where we took Relaxing baths in the evening when we got back from a busy day.






There are several nice beaches that surround the Kapaa area, like Donkey Beach, good for Surfing or Kealia Beach, where, with some luck, is possible to experience some whale watching in the early morning. Even if Kauai is so popular, the beaches are never overcrowded, which is amazing for me. The sand is golden everywhere and the nature is untouched.

Kapaa



Donkey Beach




On our second day we explored the northern part of the Island driving up to Hanalei to enjoy the Little surfer town life by having a bite in one of the cute Restaurants up there. We stopped at Anini Beach for snorkeling during the day. The water there is very calm compared to the rest of the coast in Kauai. I had a blast in the Crystal clear Waters seeing a lot of amazing creatures between the corals. I really hoped to see some turtles but I wasn't lucky enough or it might just was bad Timing I guess :)

Anini Beach


Haena State Park


To end this perfect day we drove to the very end of the road, to the Haena State Park, where the trail of the Naapali Coast Begins, to enjoy an amazing sunset on the beach and watching the sky turning into a faboulous violet. We found also some great lookouts on our way, like the one overlooking Kilauea lighthouse.



After all this lazyness we tried to add some adventure into our trip by booking some ziplining into a Little jungle reserve. It was a lot of fun and I discovered a bit of the child in  me again. Close to the zipline park we went to visit the Wailua Falls,  the biggest I've seen so far in Hawaii.




Wailua Falls


For anyone who's planning to visit Kauai, I'd reccommend a Minimum of three days, better four, just to enjoy the laid back Feeling of the Island. Being stressed on Kauai isn't really the best mood in my opinion ;)

Useful Tips

Where to stay: Kapaa Town is perfect, it's also the place where most of the locals live. Amalia's Dome is the perfect gateaway and better than any Hotel experience. You can book it here.

Getting around: renting a car is highly reccommended. If you're planning the Naapali Coast hike you should have an extra day for that, since the trail takes some time.

Random: Mosquito spray is a MUST on the garden Island :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen